Thursday, September 30, 2010

30.09.2010 CASELA PARK - JESSICA LAMB REPORTS FOR THE RACING POST


Thursday, September 30th , 2010


CASELA PARK - A LETHAL CONCOCTION OF BLOODHORSE AND LEGAL ILLITERACY.

INJUSTICE SLAUGHTERS CASELA PARK AND ALL CONNECTIONS. CONTINUED.





TYRRELL: IF MY LICENCE GOES I'LL HAVE NOTHING.
“EAMON TYRRELL yesterday claimed that he faced not only the end of his career, but the loss of his house if he receives a lengthy ban from the BHA for Casela Park’s run in a Newcastle handicap last month.


“Tyrrell and jockey Behan were found guilty of deliberately preventing Casela Park from winning by the BHA’s disciplinary panel and await their sentences, which are unlikely to come until next week. Both could receive a disqualification of up to five years and are likely to be banned for a minimum of 18 months


“Whatever the outcome, Tyrrell already fears the worst for his training career as owners have put plans on hold and some have withdrawn altogether.


“Speaking from his base at the Curragh yesterday, he said: ‘It’s ground to a standstill here. I’ve owners wanting to bring me yearlings – some very nice ones that I bought for them – but they can’t because I might not have a license next week.


“The only thing I know is horses and if they take the license off me, I’ll have nothing. At this stage in the game I’m barely hanging on to my property, and to take my license would be to take my livelihood away from me.”
“Tyrrell, 50 has been training full time since 2002, having been apprenticed to Buster Harty (brother of Eddie) and assistant to multiple Classic winning trainer Kevin Prendergast.

“ At the height of his career, he had between 50 and 60 in his stable, including duel Listed winner Slip Dance, but this year he has run only four horses over both Flat and Jumps.


“Despite more than 35 years of working within the industry, Tyrrell insisted yesterday that at Newcastle last month, he entered a stewards’ room for the first time.


“He expressed disbelief at the level of the expected sentences , given his previous disciplinary record, which was forwarded with a letter of commendation to the BHA by the Turf Club.

“”He said: ‘ It’s like being found guilty of assault and getting sentenced for murder. The only thing I’ve been found guilty of is giving inadequate instructions.
 “My motto regarding that comes from Con Collins. I asked him one day how I should ride a horse, and he told me, ‘If you don’t know the horse well enough to know that then I don’t have the right jockey on him.’ I’ve gone through all the rules and guide lines, and don’t understand how I can be sentenced under a rule I haven’t been found guilty of.’


“At the BHA’s head office in London, Tyrrell and Behan represented themselves, suggesting they were unable to pay up front for a barrister and solicitor.



“Tyrrell considered approaching the Irish Racehorse Trainers’Association to help with these funds, but decided it would be ‘unfair to ask such a small organisation ‘.



“He added: ‘The whole issue has snowballed out of all proportion. It’s not like there was a big betting coup, or we’re even a betting yard.



“I trained Ireland’s first Listed winner in Germany for about 20 years when Impetious won at Hanover three years ago and didn’t get as much publicity as I’ve got for this..”


COMMENT J MARGARET CLARKE FOR TURFCALL
RIP OFF BRITAIN MARCHES ON - This time courtesy of the Bloodhorse Illiterate British Horseracing Authority, geared exactly the same as the British Legal Justice System, to suit only the rich and privileged.


TYRRELL points out ‘ It’s like being found guilty of assault and getting sentenced for murder. The only thing I’ve been found guilty of is giving inadequate instructions."

No horseman can give copious instructions in this case with CASELA PARK because he is such a troubled horse. CASELA PARK in the hands of Behan who most probably rides him out at home, so works with him each day and knows him best of all. Tyrrell's imput therefore has been working each and every day, not only on the race day. 

It appears that the BHA stewards take the view that a race , any race only need  be consentrated upon by their stewards over the last furlong or less. When in fact any and all races start when the starting stalls open, and continue on throughout until each and every horse passes the winning post. Throughout this time,  all incidences and action that occur need accounting for,  be they either fair or foul.



END

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home